Thursday, June 6 at 6:30 p.m. (Reception begins at 5:30 p.m.)
1049 Asylum Avenue
Hartford, CT 06105
About the Program:
According to the CDC, almost half of all Americans develop knee arthritis by age 85. A quarter may develop hip arthritis. Injuries to the hips and knees are common at even younger ages.
Fortunately, joint pain can often be treated with physical therapy, medication, minor surgery, or some combination of these strategies. But for many people, the best solution is replacing a worn-out knee or hip with an artificial one. In the United States, about seven million people are living with an artificial joint.
Join us as a panel of experts walk us through the most common knee and hip ailments and their symptoms, possible treatments and various surgical options. You’ll discover tips to help strengthen your hips and knees, and help maintain your mobility and independence for years to come.
Hosted by: Eric Clemons, TV Personality and Broadcaster
- Steven F. Schutzer, M.D., Physician Director, Connecticut Joint Replacement Institute at Saint Francis
- John Keggi, M.D., Orthopedic Surgeon, Connecticut Joint Replacement Institute at Saint Francis
- Abhijeet Danve, M.D., Rheumatologist, Yale New Haven Hospital
- Bhakti Joshi, Rheumatologist, WCMG Danbury Rheumatology
- Karen Wojcik, Physical Therapist, UCONN Health
Registration is required. This event is free and open to the public.
Life Lessons: Healthy Hips & Knees premieres Thursday, June 20 at 8 p.m. on CPTV.
Repeats: Sunday, July 21 at 7 p.m. and Sunday, August 11 at 10 a.m. on CPTV
Life Lessons: Healthy Hips & Knees is a Connecticut Public Television Partnership Production.