© 2025 Connecticut Public

FCC Public Inspection Files:
WEDH · WEDN · WEDW · WEDY
WEDW-FM · WNPR · WPKT · WRLI-FM
Public Files Contact · ATSC 3.0 FAQ
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
0:00 0:00
Available On Air Stations

Lamont says Connecticut Child Tax Rebate checks are now in the mail

Governor Ned Lamont delivers his State of the State address at the State Capitol in Hartford, Connecticut February 09, 2022.
Joe Amon
/
Connecticut Public
Gov. Ned Lamont delivers his State of the State address at the state Capitol in Hartford, Connecticut, Feb. 9, 2022.

About 200,000 checks have now been sent to residents who applied for the 2022 Connecticut Child Tax Rebate, the state announced Thursday.

The program provides rebates of up to $250 per child for residents who claimed a qualifying dependent on last year’s federal income tax return.

Democratic Gov. Ned Lamont said Thursday that those checks are in the mail.

“This is money that you’re going to get today, tomorrow, the next day,” Lamont said. “I think it makes a difference for families – makes life a little more affordable, helps those kids get back to school the very best they can.”

Rebates are maxed at three children or $750 per family.

Officials said nearly 190,000 families and more than 300,000 children will benefit from the program.

About 30,000 rebate requests are still being reviewed due to incomplete applications or eligibility issues, officials said.

Patrick Skahill is a reporter and digital editor at Connecticut Public. Prior to becoming a reporter, he was the founding producer of Connecticut Public Radio's The Colin McEnroe Show, which began in 2009. Patrick's reporting has appeared on NPR's Morning Edition, Here & Now, and All Things Considered. He has also reported for the Marketplace Morning Report. He can be reached at pskahill@ctpublic.org.

Fund the Facts

You just read trusted, local journalism that’s free for everyone, thanks to donors like you.

If that matters to you, now is the time to give. Join the 50,000+ members powering honest reporting and a more connected — and civil! — Connecticut.

SOMOS CONNECTICUT is an initiative from Connecticut Public, the state’s local NPR and PBS station, to elevate Latino stories and expand programming that uplifts and informs our Latino communities. Visit CTPublic.org/latino for more stories and resources. For updates, sign up for the SOMOS CONNECTICUT newsletter at ctpublic.org/newsletters.

SOMOS CONNECTICUT es una iniciativa de Connecticut Public, la emisora local de NPR y PBS del estado, que busca elevar nuestras historias latinas y expandir programación que alza y informa nuestras comunidades latinas locales. Visita CTPublic.org/latino para más reportajes y recursos. Para noticias, suscríbase a nuestro boletín informativo en ctpublic.org/newsletters.

Fund the Facts

You just read trusted, local journalism that’s free for everyone, thanks to donors like you.

If that matters to you, now is the time to give. Join the 50,000+ members powering honest reporting and a more connected — and civil! — Connecticut.

Related Content
Connecticut Public’s journalism is made possible, in part by funding from Jeffrey Hoffman and Robert Jaeger.