
John Henry Smith
Host, All Things ConsideredJohn Henry Smith is Connecticut Public’s host of All Things Considered, its flagship afternoon news program. He's proud to be a part of the team that won a regional Emmy Award for The Vote: A Connecticut Conversation. In his 21st year as a professional broadcaster, he’s covered both news and sports.
Before coming to Connecticut Public, John Henry served as Sports Director for NBC Connecticut and as a Public Relations Specialist for Baldwin Media in New Britain.
Earlier in his career, John Henry spent a year-and-a-half as a news anchor and reporter for News 12 Networks. While there, he won a Deadline Award for his breaking news coverage of a shooting at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital. He’s also worked in various roles across the country, including as a morning show reporter and anchor for nationally broadcast Al Jazeera America in New York City, as a sports reporter in the San Francisco Bay Area for Comcast Sports Net Bay Area, and as a sports anchor Raleigh, Miami, and New Orleans.
John is a 1990 graduate of Morehouse College in Atlanta, Ga. He worked as a Financial Analyst in the banking industry before getting a M.B.A. from the University of Rochester (New York) and going to work for Eli Lilly and Company. He also earned his masters degree from Syracuse University in 1999 in Broadcast Journalism and TV, Radio, and Film.
John was born in San Francisco, CA and raised in Detroit, Mich. He and his wife, Belinda, have a daughter, Isabella.
-
Connecticut's Freedom of Information Commission said it only levied 6 fines against Freedom of Information Act violators since 2012. This comes despite a new tougher fine law.
-
Chris George can empathize with the residents of Gaza and with the hostages in Gaza. He was once both.
-
Former President Donald Trump is ahead of the field for the GOP nomination, but will the Jan. 6 insurrection render him ineligible?
-
CT Public meteorologist Garett Argianas says there's an El Niño in the Pacific Ocean, and that often brings warmer and wetter conditions to Connecticut.
-
Connecticut continues to remember the 20 students and six adults killed at the school on Dec. 14, 2012.
-
Mark Barden's 7-year old son, Daniel, was one of 26 people killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. Eleven years later, Barden is hopeful that America can still change.
-
Bronin cited his work to bring Hartford back from the brink of fiscal calamity through a $550 million state-financed bailout. And he says he's still considering a run for Connecticut governor.
-
Bronin last explored a run for governor in 2018.
-
Connecticut’s Jewish community is marking the festival of lights two months after an attack on Israel.
-
West Hartford is set to be one of the first Connecticut towns to install street-level red light traffic safety cameras. Do they work? Are they fair? One local traffic expert weighs in.