Recipe by Dan Monroe, executive chef at The Pantry in Fairfield, Conn.
Kale and Edamame Spread
- Food Processor
- 1 edamame
- 1 bunch kale, Tuscan or dinosaur
- 2 stalk scallions
- 2 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons tahini sesame paste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted and cleaned
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Remove stems from kale and chop.
- In boiling water, simmer kale for about 3 minutes, remove from water and cool in ice bath, remove and squeeze out extra water.
- Add all ingredients, including cooked kale to a large bowl and gently mix. Add ingredients to food processor. This will need to be done in batches in order to not over crowd processor. Puree till smooth. Remove to additional bowl and mix all together by hand.
- Serve with toasted crostini, crackers, or chips.