About IRA Charitable Rollovers
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70 ½ or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your individual retirement account (IRA) withdrawals. An IRA Charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
Congress reinstated a law that allows you to make a tax-free gift from your IRA. This law no longer has an expiration date so, in most cases, you are free to make annual gifts to us from your IRA this year and well into the future.
Potential Benefits of an IRA Rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the 50% deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of Connecticut Public
How an IRA Charitable Rollover Gift Works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to Connecticut Public
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work
- PLEASE NOTE – IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction
Please Notify Us About Your IRA Gift
If you plan to give an IRA gift to Connecticut Public, please mail or call:
Director of Major Gifts
1049 Asylum Avenue
Hartford, CT 06105
About Gifts of Stock
A gift of stock can bring meaningful financial and tax benefits to both you and Connecticut Public. Stock transfer instructions are available here and include DTC and account number as well as Connecticut Public’s tax ID number (06-0758938).
The gift of an appreciated asset, often common stock or mutual fund shares, is a valuable way to make a contribution to a charitable organization and receive tax benefits based on the value of the asset(s).
Please Notify Us About Your Stock Gift When You Notify Your Broker
Please be sure to notify Connecticut Public of your gift intent when you notify your broker by sending us a copy of your delivery instructions so that we can ensure the gift will be properly credited. Mail to or call: