To be an essential source for truth and ideas that connects the citizens of Connecticut to their communities and to the world.
We will inform, educate and inspire the people of Connecticut, connecting and empowering them through outstanding journalism, storytelling, education and experiences, to make our state a more extraordinary place to live, work and play.
- To create unique, high-impact content that reflects the geographic and ethnic diversity in Connecticut across all platforms and become the most trusted source in the state which adheres to the highest ethical standards.
- To increase partnerships with organizations, communities and individuals which share our mission of informing, educating and inspiring the citizens of Connecticut.
- To provide an ethical, productive, diverse and inspiring work environment for our employees
- To be responsible stewards of Connecticut Public’s finances.
- Educational: We value curiosity. We reach inside the community and our organization to share ideas, access knowledge, seek truth, and to learn from and with each other.
- Informative: We value the power of accurate information. We are committed to providing tools, content, and experiences to foster awareness and understanding.
- Trustworthy: We hold ourselves accountable to each other and to the expectations of our community to be transparent and operate with integrity.
- Inclusive: We must actively seek diverse perspectives, ideas and ways of doing things. We encourage ourselves, our organization, and our audiences to best reflect and engage our community.
Who We Serve:
As public media we have a responsibility to serve everyone, to welcome everyone. In our storytelling, through our news services, within our content, through our programs and partnerships, our goal is to ensure that our communities see themselves in Connecticut Public.